Rode Classic II Limited Edition
OUR PRICE $1,989 [RRP $2,620]
Limited edition vintage-voiced valve microphone
To commemorate '15 Years of Classic Sound' RØDE has issued this collector's edition of the Classic II tube microphone, exclusively limited to only 500 editions worldwide.
The RØDE Classic and Classic II microphones were a labour of love. Each element, be it the capsule, the transformer, the valve, the body or the cable were of the finest quality available.
At the heart of both microphones is the 6072 Twin Triode valve, as found in most of history's most revered transducers. Its unparalleled sonic characteristics have made it incredibly sought after, and with production ceasing over 30 years ago RØDE were lucky to secure a production quantity of "new old stock" to be used exclusively in the Classic.
The transformer, custom designed by Jensen to perfectly match the 6072, pairs with the valve to provide the signature Classic warmth. Both the Classic and Classic II capsules are hand assembled dual pressure gradient transducers, sputtered with pure gold.
The centre-electrode design found in the Classic was modified to edge-terminated in its successor, resulting in a slightly lower noise level. The Classic II features nine polar patterns, in addition to a variable PAD and high pass filters.
The microphone body is machined from solid brass and polished by hand before coating with stain nickel.
For the very first time the RØDE Classic is finished in a lustrous matte black, with the '15 Years of Classic Sound' logo proudly etched onto the microphone's brass body.
The microphone case and power transformer are also finished in black, and marked with the commemorative logo. A second 6072 twin triode tube (NOS) is supplied in an etched aluminium storage cylinder to ensure that this microphone's classic sound will last for many years to come.
Also included is a leather bound embossed collector's coffee table book, documenting the history of RØDE's flagship microphone.
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardoid, omni-directional and figure 8
- 6072 Twin Triode valve
- Transformer custom designed by Jensen
- Hand assembled dual pressure gradient transducers, sputtered with pure gold
centre-electrode design found in the Classic was modified to edge-terminated in its
- Successor, resulting in a slightly lower noise level
- Variable PAD and high pass filters
- Microphone body is machined from solid brass and polished by hand before coating with stain nickel
- A second 6072 twin triode tube (NOS) is supplied in an etched aluminium storage cylinder
- Includes a leather bound embossed collector's coffee table book, documenting the history of RØDE's flagship microphone