OUR PRICE $599 [RRP $899]
1 left Offer expires 01/05/2017.
One-channel vintage style microphone, line & instrument preamp
The PRE-73 DLX is a one-channel vintage style microphone, line and instrument preamplifier. The signal path uses only discrete components like resistors, capacitors and transistors. The line and microphone input and the line output are transformer balanced, using three different transformers, each one optimized for its purpose.
This is the way audio components were built before integrated circuits became available. The subjective sound quality delivered by vintage equipment is often prefered over the one delivered by modern units, a situation that is even more obvious now when music is recorded with clean-sounding digital audio equipment.
The circuit used in the PRE-73 DLX is similar to the preamp section in the classical 1073 module with a corresponding sound character that is warm, punchy, sweet and musical. These classic characteristics have been heard on countless recordings through the years and it is a versatile sound that works very well on most sound sources and in most genres. The essence of this sound is now available at a surprisingly low cost, making it available to nearly everyone.
- Vintage Style electronics. No intergrated circuits in the signal path
- Maximum gain on the mic input is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources
- Gain range on the Line input: -20 to + 10 dB
- Switchable impedance on the mic input, 1200 or 300 Ohms, will change the tone of most mics
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase
- High-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass
- Simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter.
- Output level controls makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character and then lower the signal to a suitable level before the output stage
- Combo XLR/TRS input jacks and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections
- Insert jack for inserting EQ´s and other units
- External high power power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers
- Solid build quality that will last many years of normal use