Behringer S-16 Digital Snake
Digital mixing has revolutionized so much of the live-entertainment production workflow.
But one thing that hasn't changed is having to roll out that heavy, cumbersome old analog snake. That is until now!
The new S16 Digital Snake from BEHRINGER takes the burden out of connecting your FOH (Front of House) console with the talent.
The S16 provides 16 fully programmable, remotely controllable high-end mic preamps plus 8 analog, balanced XLR returns at the stage end, and connects to the FOH via a single CAT5 cable without the need for a dedicated router.
KLARK TEKNIK, a longtime industry-leader in the development of high-end digital audio processing, provided the SuperMAC technology that made all of this possible & BEHRINGER made it affordable.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, two S16 Stage Boxes can be cascaded via the built-in AES50 ports, providing connectivity for up to 32 mic/line inputs, 16 balanced outputs and the incredibly-affordable POWERPLAY P-16 Personal Monitoring System, which can feed up to 48 individual monitor mixers.
We also included two optical ADAT sockets for connecting channels 1-8 and 9-16 to outboard devices, a convenient USB port for system updates via your PC, plus MIDI I/O for lighting systems and sound module control.
Standalone Snake Mode
Although the S16 was initially designed for use with our flagship X32 Digital Console, any mixing board with AES50 networking capability can tap into the S16's powerful feature set.
So if you happen to work on an analog mixing board occasionally, you could use two pairs of S16 and ADA8000 to form a high-performance, lightweight 16 x 16 digital snake, all on one CAT5 connection, keeping the preamp remote control functionality.
- 16 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring KLARK TEKNIK’s SuperMAC networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- Up to 100 m networking capability via CAT-5e cable (not included)
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading S16 units—no merger or router required
- Precise LED metering plus 7-segment displays for signal control on stage